Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome

Hello everyone!

This is a blog (named after the first chapter of one of my all-time favorite books) that I've set up to keep people like you informed of my activities in East Africa. For those of you who don't know, I will be spending this Fall 2010 semester in Tanzania and Kenya with the School for Field Studies. I, along with about thirty other students, will be taking part in the Comparative Wildlife Management Studies program. We'll be taking these classes: Wildlife Ecology, Wildlife Management, Environmental Policy and Socio-economic Issues, and a culture and Swahili class. The second half of the semester, for which I'll be in Kenya, will include a "directed research" project.

Anyways, I hope to take lots of pictures and keep this blog updated fairly regularly for those of you interested in my activities. That said, I still don't know how much time I'll have with internet access and I do plan on being busy, so who knows how often I'll be able to post.

If you want to write me a letter, here's my address for the first half of the semester:

Devin Stone
SFS
Center for Wildlife Management Studies, Tanzania,
P.O. Box 304,

KARATU, TANZANIA

I leave this Saturday the 4th and I get there Monday! I'm getting pretty excited! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment